Joy is contagious







When I was growing up, my favourite song was always 'Que Sera Sera' sung by Doris Day. I especially loved the part when she crooned, "Will there be rainbows day after day?" For that is what I imagined joy would be. A day filled with rainbows, toys and friends, with smiles and laughter ringing out. It was then I realized that joy is contagious, and that one smile could spark off many other smiles.

There are so many lovely quotes that symbolize joy.

"Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day."
Henri J.M. Nouwen




Another lesson I learned over the years was to strive and be happy whatever happens.



Today I know for a certainty that joy is not in things; it is within us.


So, always choose joy! :)



Comments

  1. we have the joy within us. why search it elsewhere. i loved your quote too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with all my heart, Deepa! The joy is within us. We need to just bring it forth.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds and Waves by Rabindrananth Tagore - Poetry: The Best Words in the Best Order - #BlogchatterA2ZChallenge2021

The Miracle of Love - Fiction - Post Number 8: #MyFriendAlexa

THE STRANGE CASE OF THE MISSING TEETH